Monday, October 09, 2006

How long will your journey be? ...Neh. 2:6

A's dolls are all loaded up and ready to go. I wish I could say the same for the rest of us.

All the laundry was finished yesterday and the science experiments from the refrigerator were given to the chickens. Most of the kids' clothes have been packed. I still need to go to town today and get some food for our journey and make a list for our house/critter-sitter. We're leaving the house at 3:30 in the morning (yawn) to drive to an airport 4 hours away. Eight or nine hours later we (hopefully!) will be at our destination to relax for a week with Grandma & Grandpa. Then we get to do the journey in reverse.

The children are doing all of their own laundry. A needs a bit of help, of course, but the kids' new chore chart was a smashing success last week. They each have a different day to do their own laundry
washing, drying, folding, and putting away. I feel so free!

We took our school pictures on Tuesday. The air has been so bad due to fires, so I hadn't wanted to spend much time outside. Tuesday we finally got outside and spent 1 1/2 hours taking 217 shots of the kids. Only about 20 were worthy of being uploaded. Email me if you would like to see the album.

4 comments:

Shereen said...

Hi there. I will be praying that you have a safe vacation, and that it be the Lord flying that plane and driving that car. I hope you all have tons of fun with grandma and grandpa. I would love to see the pictures. My email address is w8ng4him@bellsouth.net Thank you about commenting about the Sabbath, I was starting to wonder if I was the only out in the blogworld observing the Sabbath. ;0( Have a great trip.

Shereen said...

By the way, each child having their own day to do laundry sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing. Is that the only thing you do that way? Any other ideas? I really enjoy hearing how others do things to make their home run smoother.

J-Lynn said...

I hope your trip goes wonderfully!

Anonymous said...

Me! Me!! I want to see the album!!! Email me when you get back. Do give details on the laundry--I'm trawling for ideas. ;o)