By the next morning the basic framework was done and we moved it outside while I thought it would still fit through the door. Unfortunately I overestimated our doorway and a bit of disassembly was required. We carefully moved the creation to the front porch and the rest of the frame was completed on Monday.
Tuesday we went and purchased chicken wire and fence staples. I figured out those staples were too big when they started splitting the wood. A trip to the local hardware store on Wednesday got me some appropriately sized staples and two new drill bits. I had broken two on the project (user error) and thought that two more should be sufficient. Thursday we got the rest of the chicken wire fastened around the sides and top. We left one end open so we could attach it to the doorway of the current chicken cage.
We're leaving town on Sunday for the Pastors' Retreat at the conference camp. We wanted to make things as easy as possible for our critter sitter, so this morning M and I temporarily attached the chicken tractor to the cage. The sitter will just have to put food and water in the tractor and open/close the door between the coop and the cage. When we return, we'll turn the tractor back into a tractor and move it around the property.
I've got to go now. We have much to do to get ready for the weekend and our trip...and for some reason there is a layer of sawdust on everything in my living room...