Tuesday, December 18, 2007

All things well...Mark 7:37

J is better, if jumping over the furniture is any indication. I pulled out my Bissell Proheat and cleaned the carpet in the boys' room this morning. I usually don't shampoo the carpets in the winter since it takes so long to dry, but it needed it. I cranked up the electric heat (we've been heating with just the wood stove) so it should be dry by tonight. M is vacuuming the entryway now and then I'll go ahead and shampoo there also.

I hope the other kids don't get sick. I sent M and S to work with The Man yesterday morning. The past few years we've helped assemble and pass out the Salvation Army food baskets and yesterday they were being put together a few doors down from his office. They walked down the block to help with the baskets. The kids are really able to help by sorting the canned goods and taking the boxes to cars for people. They enjoy it also. After most of the boxes had been passed out they walked back up The Man's office and came home with him for lunch.

I did get my boxes packed up yesterday. The Man took them to the post office late in the afternoon, so they may not have gone out until this morning. They might not make it to their destinations by Christmas, but at least they are on their way.

2 comments:

Cecelia said...

I'm so glad you are back to blogging more regularly. I enjoy reading about your adventures. I hope the rest of the family stays healthy. At least you got a head start on your spring cleaning!

Lori said...

Sounds like every ones getting a touch of sickness just before the holidays. Better before than during christmas.
Todd is just getting over his stomach bug. I just hope I don't get it, or worse, Anthony.