Friday, December 28, 2007

How beautiful are thy feet with shoes...Song of Solomon 7:1


Shereen hosts Sew Crafty Friday over on her blog. Although I enjoy seeing some of things others are up to, I really haven't had time to do much crafting lately. Yesterday I finished putting together one of my Christmas presents, so I'd thought I'd share!

The Man needed a new pair of moccasins so he decided to make his own. He knew the kids would want to get in on the action also so he got us all some kits for Christmas. He got the "Little Scout" kits for the kids and the fringed boot for us. Mine was a little snug when I finished them this morning, but after wearing them all day, they've stretched nicely. The sizing instructions on the website don't match the sizing on the packaging, thus The Man's pair will probably be too small for him. M will grow into them soon enough, so it isn't a total loss. The Man is trying to decide if he wants to order another kit or use the deer hide in the freezer to create his pair (I'm not kidding...ick).Now I truly feel like Sacagawea's mom! Head on over to Shereen's blog to see other projects people are working on right now.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

AWESOME job! So fun!

Elizabeth Joy said...

Oh, I'm so interested! I've always wanted to make my own moccasins! Congratulations on a job well done! Good to know the sized run small on the kits.

Elizabeth Joy

Mom2fur said...

You did a wonderful job! They look great!

psalm127 said...

Very cool. you did a great job

Lori said...

I know you don't eat meat, so why do you have a deer in your freezer???

Anonymous said...

The "hide in the freezer...ick!" I know you're not kidding. It must be genetic. I remember birds, a raccoon... when The Man was a young boy... The moccasins look great.