Thursday, August 21, 2008

In the eighth month...Zechariah 1:1

A few have been asking, so here is a pregnancy update...still nice and boring! I went in for my 30 1/2 week appointment on Wednesday. I have 9 weeks and 2 days (give or take) until we get to meet the little one. The other 4 arrived on their due dates or a few days early, so I don't know what I'll do if this one decides to hold out on us.

I did get a lecture from my OB last month for my excessive weight gain. I got another lecture on Wednesday from the FNP because I'd gained too little. The last time I saw multiple providers with a pregnancy was with M, and I got the conflicting lectures then also. Oh, well! Overall, my weight gain stands at a healthy 19 1/2 lbs. The baby seems to be measuring just fine also.

The FNP told me that last month the baby was breech (the OB never said anything to me, but she noted it on my chart). On Wednesday the FNP said it seemed transverse. I think this child is preparing for the Olympics, because it certainly likes moving around quite a bit, especially at night as I'm trying to get comfortable in bed. The Man laughs at the "Pregnancy Palace" that I build with all the pillows in the bed trying to support anything that needs supporting. By 36 weeks, we hope he or she settles down into the proper position.

S and Sacagawea love sitting up next to me so they can feel the baby kick them. Funny...they often get upset if any of the other siblings even touch them. We shall see how they feel about a younger sibling kicking them in a few years.

We're still discussing baby names. As a rule, I refuse to tell anyone what names we are considering until after the birth. It makes it a bit harder for people to say how much they hate the name if there is a cute baby gazing up at them! I will say that The Man and I haven't found any that we both agree on yet. The Man said his biggest fear is that we won't get a tax break for this baby, because we won't have a SS#, because we won't have a birth certificate, because we can't agree on a name! I think he was kidding.

4 comments:

Dewey Hafta Academy said...

I never told anyone the names we were considering, either, and for the exact same reason.

(Not that anything was ever set in stone. The youngest child to ever receive a name from us was a whole 2 days old -- the other two didn't get named until they were 3 days old!)

Cecelia said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. You've done a great job of picking out names so far. I'm sure you'll agree on a name soon. Or one of you will just give in.

Rachael said...

Thanks for the update.

If you can't think of a name, just give me a call or an email. I'll help you. :) Just kidding. I love thinking up baby names though. I'm always curious to know what my patients have chosen. But, I definitely agree with you that keeping a secret makes it much less open to critism. Although, in my professional experience, usually the ones who keep it a secret pick strange names. Although I know you wouldn't do that based on past experience!

Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl though!

Francie said...

Glad you gave us an update! I've been wondering what's been going on, but haven't checked your blog in a while... (sorry!) So, this was great timing!
All my co-workers are all excited because I already have 17 nieces and nephews and I told them that I usually have at least one on the way... can't wait to see pics!