Monday, August 04, 2008

Sweet to thy taste...Proverbs 24:13


The Man's brother called last week and asked me if we wanted any blueberries. That's kind of a silly question, don't you think? I placed our order and last night he met The Man up in the city to drop off 50 pounds of organic blueberries.

While The Man was eating a late supper, I got started on taking care of the berries. I gave them a quick rinse and placed them in a colander to drain while I removed a few stems that were still on the berries. After letting them drain for a bit, I placed the berries in quart-sized freezer bags. Then I ran into a problem. I realized that we weren't going to get many in the freezer if I kept popping them into my mouth!

I told The Man that I needed some help. He was more than happy to oblige. I rinsed and drained the berries while he filled the bags. Then I realized that he was having the exact same problem that I had been having...except he didn't view it as a problem!

We put 10 pounds of the berries in the refrigerator to enjoy fresh, 18 very full bags in the freezer, and several trays that we will let freeze before we bag them. Yum!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have the same problem at our house! The only way we'll have any this winter is I get them in the freezer before hubby gets home and then lock the freezer! (I have the only key) I did have mercy on them and give them a gallon bag-full to enjoy.

Lori said...

That reminds me, I need to get some blueberries before the season is over.
I usually freeze mine dirty so they don't get frosty and clump together, then rinse them frozen before I use them.