Wednesday, September 19, 2012

And the bat...Leviticus 11:19

We spent four years at the seminary. Four years.The Man and I both received all kinds of instruction in how to handle situations in churches.  None of it prepared us for tonight.

The night was dark by the time The Man and the older children returned home from the midweek service at the church.  As the kids were tucked into bed, The Man told me that he was returning to the church and asked if I wanted to go with him.

I grabbed the camera and he grabbed his gear.


Tools every pastor needs:  fencing mask, head lamp, fish net, leather jacket and gloves.  The folks that had stayed after the meeting to clean the church confirmed that "it" was still in the fellowship hall.  Apparently doors left open to let cool breezes in can also let bats in.


Our church doesn't have a belfry, so it had to settle for a place high on the wall in the fellowship hall.


Caught!




The bat is now safely outside catching bugs.
Some pastors fish to get creatures into the church...some fish to get them out!  The Man does both.

3 comments:

The Man's Mother said...

One more qualification to add to his resume.

Anonymous said...

Stumbled across your blog, I love it! GREAT pictures too!
~Martha

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

I like the bat gear he's wearing. I think I would have to be inside a big bubble suit before I would be brave enough to enter a building with a bat inside :)