Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In the fifth month...II Kings 25:8

Today I'm at 18 weeks and 4 days of this pregnancy, but who's counting? I haven't really spent much time dwelling just on the pregnancy (here on the blog or in "real" life) because we've had so many other things going on. Sacagawea is extremely excited. Last night she came in our room, climbed up on the bed, and read a story to the baby. I told her that the baby could hear her talk now. She thinks it is absolutely hilarious.

I had my regularly scheduled appointment with my doctor today. My blood pressure was great, weight gain was fine, and my uterus is measuring right where it is supposed to. Boring is good? Yes, my doctor agrees, boring is good.

The only time I've felt the baby move is in the morning before I get out of bed and in the evening after I get in bed. I guess there are too many other things going on in between to pay much attention to it. The little one does have a heartbeat, although he/she kept moving around. My doctor finally gave up trying to chase it around with the doppler to get an exact number and just proclaimed him/her healthy and active.

I'm in the process of packing away all my non-maternity clothes. I won't be needing those again for a few several months.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Are you going to find out if it's a boy or a girl? (Are you going to tell us if you do?)

I still remember all the maternity clothes you loaned me when I was pregnant with Kristen. It was a lifesaver. Wish I hadn't given all mine away last year, I could ship them out to you! I do owe you, and I don't have any plans to use them myself!

~ V ~ said...

I already emailed you, but for the other enquiring minds...no, we're not planning on finding out if it is a boy or a girl before the birth. For once we're going to be surprised!

Anonymous said...

A is already being a good Big Sister reading to the baby. Perhaps she'll be such a big helper as M was with her.