Monday, October 13, 2008

Wait patiently...Psalm 37:7

Still waiting! We all are getting anxious to meet the new little one. Even The Man has started nesting.

Last week The Man assembled the little bed for the baby. I found this neat bed online, but I didn't think this particular design would work with our bed (not to mention that I found the cost exorbitant for the few months it would be in use). I sent the link to my dad with all the changes that I wanted made. Last summer he designed and cut out all the pieces and sent it back with us when we visited. For the past 4 months,the pieces have been patiently waiting in the corner of the bedroom. Now it is assembled and installed on my side of the bed, just waiting for the baby! I would like to prime and paint it first, but The Man thinks it looks great as it is. I may get it done, but it is not a priority right now.

This morning The Man attached the supports that fit snugly under our bed frame to keep the baby bed from tipping or moving away from our bed. He also attached a top to some drawers in our bathroom...now we have an official changing table!


Yesterday The Man cleaned out the chimney so we are using our wood stove for heat now. He also installed the new sliding glass door that we purchased. I really wanted it done so that I wouldn't have to be the one to open the door for the kids when they bring in wood. Yesterday was the first perfect day that we've* had for the job. The frosts that we've had have killed off most of the bugs and and it wasn't too chilly during the day to have an 8-foot opening in our living room. He still has a bit of trim work to finish up, but I'm really liking the new door!

Last night a church member brought a few bushels of apples for us. The Man and children are excited about making some apple sauce this afternoon. I better go start washing some jars!

*I did give my opinion a few times, and even helped steady the door during installation, but I left the hard work to The Man and boys.

3 comments:

Dewey Hafta Academy said...

I thought for certain that you were being quiet because you'd had that baby! (Don't you just love it when people tell you that?) ;-)

And running the heat in October? Oh, my. Here I was, close to complaining because I'm too hot and I can't take off any more clothing without being indecent . . . and you post that and make me count my blessings. I'll take the sweat, thank you very much. ;-)

Sounds like you're ready and all you need is the baby! Hope he or she makes an appearance very soon!

Lori said...

Cute idea for a co-sleeper. It's nice having handy men in your life huh?

Tina in CT said...

Hope the sawdust is gone, the new slider is working well and that you are getting a good night's sleep.