Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Run to and fro...2 Chronicles 16:9

Hi! Not much new here. It warmed up and our driveway was almost snow-free, but then it started snowing again on Sunday. I put the chains on the van again yesterday just for the fun of it. I didn't need to go anywhere, but I went ahead and chained up just in case I want to go somewhere. I'm getting pretty good at it, maybe I'll start timing myself.

I am ready for spring to come. I've been perusing seed catalogs and (thanks to Ann) hatchery websites. The Man just shook his head and sighed.

The point of this post is that I've been tagged. I don't play tag. I have too many other important things to do like putting chains on the van, or looking at seed catalogs, or....okay...just this once. I'll do it for C, who happens to be one of the most amazing women on the face of the earth. Really.

The Rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people.

1. The nearest book... Neighborhood Animals by the baby einstein company (A little rant: Why do so many companies not capitalize their company names? It may seem cute, but I'm trying to teach my kids to capitalize proper names.)

2. Open to page 123... Oh, wait, that one only has 16 pages. Hmmm....I actually bulldozed cleared off my desk a few weeks ago so there aren't many books within arm's reach. Here is one that has 126 pages. The Man chose a quote from it for this week's church bulletin, which I fully plan on doing today.

3. 5th sentence...got it.

4. 5 sentences (edited: I just realized that I was only supposed to post 3 sentences. Sorry, but I'm not changing it now):
The Saviour pointed His followers to the birds of the air as they warbled their carols of praise unencumbered with thoughts of care, for "they sow not, neither do they reap." And yet the great Father provides for their needs. The Saviour asks, "Are ye not much better than they?" Matthew 6:26. The great Provider for man and beast opens His hand and supplies all His creatures. The birds of the air are not beneath His notice.
The full text and audio of this book, Steps to Christ, by Ellen G. White, can be found here.

5. Now, five people to tag:
I'm not going to tag anybody, because I don't play tag. If YOU would like to play, go ahead and jump in here. Leave a comment here to let me know and go ahead and post the rules and your selection on your blog.

Time for school! Have a great day!

2 comments:

C said...

Yay! Thanks for playing (it was a stretch for me too) and thanks for the particular selection. You rock.

:oD

Rachael said...

Well, the only book within reach of me (if I'm really following the rules) is my Russian-English dictionary. Not sure how I'd count sentences in that, and it's kind of a pain to type in Cyrillic...so maybe not this time! :)