Monday, July 26, 2010

These are the numbers...2 Chronicles 17:14

Since I'm behind a few days and am going to try to catch up today, I'll be posting under the day of the activity...hope I don't confuse anyone!

Today I went up to the city to the hospital for the 3-hour glucose tolerance test. Three hours without the kids with nothing I had to do except walk into the lab four times. Cool. During my first hour "break," I went out to the van and gathered up all the trash that had accumulated since the last time I'd had the time and inclination to do that. I found an empty cardboard box in the back of the van in which I placed all the items that needed to go into the house. It looked so much better then!

During my second hour, I took the van over to the car wash to use the vacuum to clean the de-cluttered floor and upholstery. This was the first time I had taken this van to the car wash for vacuuming. I was surprised that I had to use two cycles with the vacuum. I could clean our old van easily on one cycle. Then I went to the dump landfill to empty 3 cans of trash. Finally, I went and filled the tank with gas.

During my third hour, I stayed in the hospital since it was starting to get hot outside. I was planning on going straight home afterward to eat, but the lady was adamant that I eat something before I headed back over the hill. OK, on to Taco Bell.

On the way over there, I remembered that I hadn't reset the trip odometer. It had been a long time since I'd completely filled the tank with gas, and I always try to reset the odometer with a full tank. As I was doing so, I noticed the main odometer read 100,099. Oh, wow! Things like this are too exciting!

As I was in the turn lane waiting to go into Taco Bell, I got this picture...



It's a good thing I snapped the photo then. By the time I was waiting in the drive-through lane, the odometer had already turned...
Wouldn't it be cool if all odometers gave you a binary reading? Then my poor van would only have 37 miles on it. Fasting plus 4 vials of blood can make my brain think of pretty strange things!

1 comment:

~marci~ said...

Our van did the same thing a few months ago. I blogged about it too!